For this month’s edition of Beautiful People, Sky and Georgie have done something terrible to me. They have made me think for the questions! Come up with ten of my own? Ye gads, what have we come to?? All right, so I’m over-reacting. I love coming up with questions for my characters. However, this particular character I’m about to introduce has a nice little fan base all his own, and so I put the question to a few of his most devoted followers and they came up with some of their own to ask him.
NOTE: Mom, don’t read this post because it has spoilers and things! Story = surprise = overprotective authoress = don’t read until it’s totally finished and perfect! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Thank you.
So, without further gilding the lily, I introduce to you Subject Thirteen – otherwise known as Mir (or Tiger, by the facility guards; whichever you prefer).
(I went on a graphics-making spree, and I shall spam you with them throughout the post. Mwahahaha. I WOULD make graphics of Eva and Jude and Pocky, but I don’t have a model for Pocky yet and Eva and Jude aren’t really graphics-worthy yet.)
Most of you don’t know much about Mir, so I will give you his background in the trailer below. (Yes, I made it, and yes, I’m sorry for the low quality – I had to lower the MB in order to get the video to upload.)
And now, to the questions.
1. What is his favorite thing Eva has ever said to him? This is a tough question. Eva is the only person as yet to show him kindness, so every little thing she does that is not cruel or self-serving is something amazing. However, it would probably have to be not something she said, but something she sang. When she sang him lullabies to put him to sleep when he was hurting – that is his current favorite memory of them together.
2. What does he think of Pocky? He thinks Pocky is funny, but he likes him. Pocky knows a lot and doesn’t mind talking with him and showing him new things, and since Mir is eager to learn, he is very grateful.
3. What was he thinking when he left WorldCure? He was frightened, even though he despised it. It was the only place he had ever known, and he knew practically nothing about the world outside, so it took a lot of courage for him to leave it. He would do anything for Eva’s safety, and they had the three Subject babies to care for, so he left.
(this was made for Mir by Keaghan!!)
4. How many Handlers has he had? He has had fourteen handlers, not including Eva. None of them stayed very long; Mir was too difficult to manage and when he killed his seventh and twelfth handlers, it created an aura of fear around him.
5. If he had a chance to kill Dr. Ross, would he? This is a tough question. Mir has killed people before, but in court it would legally be called self-defense and the result of mental trauma. If he could, in his right mind, be presented with the option to kill Dr. Ross or let him live, he would probably let him live – but not without leaving something behind. He would hurt Dr. Ross, but not kill him.
6. What does he think of Eva? Mir, quite frankly, fears and adores her at the same time. Fears because she is a Doctor and has performed procedures on him before; adores because she is the only person to show him any extent of kindness, to give him any glimpse of hope. And after twenty-four years of darkness, that one glimpse would be something to hold on to. (Not to mention he thinks her hair smells good because she uses cotton shampoo.)
7. If he could experience one thing before he dies, what would it be? He wants to experience sunshine. He’s heard of it, but he’s never felt it. His own skin is dead white from being deprived of sunlight his whole life, and he really just wants to be able to feel it. There are many other things he wants to experience, of course – snow, sunsets, the ocean, wind – but sunlight is the biggest. He would probably curl up in it like a cat and go to sleep.
8. How does he show love? Until Eva, Mir never had anyone to show love to. He did not even know what it was. But now that he does know, he shows love by being gentle, by caring about her and by protecting her with everything he has. He is a Defender; if he loves someone he will do anything his power to keep them safe even at the risk of being caught (which, in his case, would be worse than being killed).
9. If he had grown up like a normal person, where would he be today? Mir has a very sensitive, sweet and generous personality naturally, but he is also very athletic and studious. He would probably be graduating college at the top of his class, and he would be very popular. He would probably intern in a children’s hospital because he loves kids.
10. Outside of WorldCure, what does he enjoy doing? He loves everything. Having been deprived of every normal experience, every new thing he experiences is exciting and wonderful in some way. Even just being able to stretch his legs and run, or wave at children at the grocery store.
And now you’ve been officially introduced to my beautiful Mir. I love my babies, but Mir has full place in my authoress’ heart right now. I hope you enjoyed reading about him – and if you want to read the full story and be added to the new-chapter-beta-reading list, just shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave it in a comment.