I’m fully aware that this post is long overdue, but don’t worry – I’m giving Skata through part of April to finish up all the questions. Also, if you have more questions, please put them in the comment section of this post – it makes them easier to keep up with that way.
1. How old was Em when you married her (and is ‘Em’ a nickname)? Em had just turned twenty-one when I married her. Em is short for Emmaline. She always thought it was too fancy. I’d known her for three months before I proposed – patience isn’t really my strong point.
2. Coke or Pepsi? I was always more of a Dr Pepper kinda guy.
3. What guns do you own? I’ve got a shortened Remington 870 and a Smith and Wesson 500 revolver. I got other things, too; my favorite non-gun weapon’s probably my Barnett Ghost 400 crossbow.
This is the trunk of my car. I left it in a parking lot before I entered the swamp.
4. Would you ever adopt a kid? I might hang onto it until I found someone who would, but I can’t drag a kid around my kinda life.
5. I bet you look stunning in leather jackets – do you ever wear them? All the time.
6. Do you work out? My lifestyle’s a workout in itself, but if the area’s conducive I’ll probably start doing pullups or something.
7. Do you exercise your mind as well as your biceps? I do crossword puzzles.
8. What would be your email if you had one? Do you have one? No; I just use my phone. If I had one it’d probably be email@example.com
9. Would you be the kind of guy to leave a “do not disturb” sign on your hotel room door? Does house-keeping freak you out? I’d leave a do not disturb sign if I was doin’ something I didn’t want to be disturbed at. House-keeping doesn’t freak me out unless the housekeeper’s trying to kill me.
10. How do you feel about the rewrite? I like it. I’ve got better weapons, and people don’t all sound like they’re out of a bonnet movie.
11. What are your feelings toward your country? Country’s in a mess and if I could reboot it, I would.
12. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much does Angel annoy you? Does the scale only go to 10? That’s stupid.
13. If you could travel back in time to any time period, what would you choose? The war between the states. There were a lot of vampire territory wars goin’ on then.
14. Do you like ducks? What is this, National Treasure?
15. What are your pet peeves? Cats. Cats are my pet peeve.
16. Where do you get the money to ditch your job and go hunting? Some of it’s money I saved working at the ranch. The rest of it I earn doing odd jobs on the side. Plus you save money if you sleep outside and don’t mind killing your own food.
17. What’s your biggest fear? That something’ll happen to someone I care about, and I won’t be able to protect them.
18. If the opportunity was presented to you, how far would you go to get Em back? I’d go to hell if I had to.
19. What did you think of vampires and other nonhumans before you launched your revenge strike against Samuel? I hated ’em. Bloodsuckers are nothin’ but trouble, and I’ve known that since before I could talk.
20. Do your plans involve killing Angel? Not unless he makes me. I do think he has a death wish.
21. Who do you hate the least (of those who are still alive)? Easton. Don’t hate Easton. She can be stubborn and ignore what I tell her, but I’m glad she’s alive.
22. Do you have any nervous tics or habits? I break things when I’m upset, if that counts.
23. Have you ever watched kitten videos on Youtube? I already told you, I hate cats. Even baby ones. So no.
24. If you could choose your last words, what would you say? I don’t know. I’ve always figured I’d die apologizing to somebody.
25. Where-ish in Texas are you from? I grew up just outside of Jefferson.
26. Do you ever wear hats? I used to wear some out on the ranch, but I don’t anymore.
28. What are three words that you feel describe you? Determined and Purposefully Obtuse.
29. What are three words that you WISH described you? Kind. Cautious. Peaceful.
30. There are at least 14 girls in the world who are in love with you: are you okay with that?