A shoutout to marvelousdiscovery for asking brilliant questions!
1) Do you like puppies or kittens, or both? I’ll pick dogs over cats any day. I’m allergic to cats. Dogs are friendly. No contest.
2) Tea or coffee, and how do you take them? Coffee, straight-up black. I know this one guy – name rhymes with ‘paingel’ – who takes – what, five packets of sugar in one black cup of coffee? It’s ridiculous.
3) What’s your weapon of choice, or do you prefer fists? I use a shortened Remington 870, but I like a good brawl. Nothing quite beats fist to face. My fist, other guy’s face.
4) Do you have any siblings? No; it’s just me now.
5) What was your family like? I had a mom that was too sweet for my leather-knuckled dad. Vamp killed her and infected him, so I took the shotgun and I killed him. I was ten years old.
6) Are you photogenic? Not especially.
7) What was the last thing someone you cared about said before they died? Nothin’. I haven’t had anyone like that in a long time – not about to start now. I got sick and tired of failing every God-forsaken thing I cared about.
8) Do you believe in love? Yeah, sure. For instance, I love beer, but it’s one-sided and makes me feel used.
9) Are you what girls might call ‘a knight in shining armor’? Are there qualifications?
10) Did you have a mentor teach you to become a vampire hunter, or did it come naturally? It came naturally. Everyone knows you can stake a vampire with wood, so that’s how I did it. It’s how I did it the second time, and after that, I thought hey, I should do this all the time. ‘Course now I’ve got the preacher who looks like he’s about eight years old trying to give me pointers. Do I need ’em? Maybe, but it chaps my hide. I call him Father just to irritate him.
11) If you weren’t a hunter, what would your profession be? Ahh…I’d probably still be on a ranch somewhere. Wide open spaces – can’t beat that.
11) Would you take a beating or watch one? Depends on whether I like the person taking the beating or not. If it was Easton, sure I’d take it. If it was Angel? Well, he’d be on his own. He can heal up later.
12) Can you talk your way out of a problem, or are you not the talking sort? I try all the time, but honestly, it doesn’t seem to work. I usually end up having to fight my way out.
13) Is there any girl who you feel is like a sister to you? Easton Everett. Practically raised her, and I wish Angel’d stop sniffing around. They’re like Bonnie and Clyde or something.
14) Who was your best friend growing up? My dog. I was really original and named him Scout, but hey. German Shepherds look like Scouts.
15) If you knew you were going to lose Em, would you not have married her and saved yourself the heartache? No. I’d do it over again, no matter what I knew. Every time.
16) Do you know about Roy Rogers? Yeah, but I was always more of a Lone Ranger fan.
17) This isn’t really a question, but I know you love Angel. Do not.
18) What’s your favorite method of hunting? I like to track ’em down, but they seem to find me an awful lot, so I just kill them there and then.
19) What do you think of Easton? She’s like my baby sister. Probably more trouble than a real sister, but she’s worth it. Most of the time.
20) How is your name pronounced? Uh, flat? One word? Skahtah. Something like that.
Bonus Question: Who is your favorite Disney character? Dude, really? I don’t know; probably the horse in that one movie with the tower.