1) Do you like to read? If so, what are your favorite books? I’m not a big reader. It’s not physical enough. The last book I read was Dune when I was in twelfth grade.
2) How does a vampire hunter come to babysit, or room with (however you want to name this arrangement) a vampire? Well, in this delightful instance, I got bit by a werewolf and thanks to Cassis, I got stuck with Angel. Some favor.
3) Being a vampire hunter, does Angel’s general attitude and carriage gall you? Yes. Yes it does.
4) Would you be flattered if someone named a drink after you? …What sorta drink?
5) Is Skata your Christian name? Uh…guess not. My real name’s – a secret.
If you knew a grenade was about to go off in front of you, what would you instinctively lunge toward to save? Whoever was closest to me. Except Angel. Let the _____ vampire take care of himself.
7) If Angel was dying, would you let him take energy from you?
8) Who out of the book would you kiss, kill, or marry? Uh…marry Em…kill Sam…kiss, uh…Em. I can’t do two of the same person? But – if I’m married to Em, then – what, no? Can’t do that? Then Shannon, I guess. Someone female.
9) What is the darkest desire you have ever held in your heart; that thing that you prayed to God that no one would ever find out you wanted to do to someone else (because if they knew, well you’d be a monster in their eyes)? When I find Samuel, I’m going to torture him until he begs me to kill him, and I’m not apologizing to God or anyone.
10) What are you most ashamed of? I got nothin’ to be ashamed of, you hear me? Nothin’ at all.
11) What one person that you let down would you give your right arm to go back and make things right with them? Em. I should have protected her. I should’ve kept her safe, and I didn’t. It was my fault, and I’d give everything I have to make it right.
12) Who has died because you were too slow or not skilled enough?
13) Do you face your enemy when you kill or do you come up quietly behind them and take care of business? I take care of business. I’d rather shoot ’em in the face but if it comes down to it, I’ll kill what needs killed, however I need to do it.
14) If the devil himself would take your soul and you could ransom another by giving it to him, who would you save? I don’t know.
15) Did you have a good childhood? I had…it wasn’t normal. We moved around a lot. My tenth birthday party was a trip, though; I’ll tell you that.
16) Are any of your family members still alive? Do I look like Ancestry.com to you? How should I know?
17) What’s your opinion on horses? I like horses. They’re understanding, big, and fast. Like a car but…fuzzier.
18) What was your first kiss like, and with whom? My first kiss was with Heather Varcox when I was fourteen. It was our first date, and I’m pretty sure that’s why she broke up with me. It was pretty terrible.
19) Do you like kids? Mirriam here. Skata does like kids, and they even like him back – but his own father issues make it impossible for him to see it. Fun fact: He would have had a baby by now, if Em hadn’t died that night.
20) Are you afraid of clowns, lightning and thunder, spiders, or forward women? Clowns are creepy as all get-out, but none of those things give me nightmares. Forward women can be…interesting.