I love it when life is like this. When tragedies and troubles take a lull and days are full of reading outside in the gray, windy weather; of handwriting things down in a notebook because the day seems too nice to waste sitting in front of the computer (this means it’s a very nice day, trust me); of evenings where the sky changes from one perfect color to another; of days when the frogs keep a continual chorus; when the day finally ends as a black canvas and all the stars shine crystal-clear in my favorite constellations.
The Getting to Know You column has got a lot of attention, and some bloggers have even picked it up and begun doing it with their own characters. I like that. I like starting something that other people enjoy. Oddly enough, I’ve had a few people say Can we have a Getting to Know You column featuring you? Which strikes me as flattering, but funny. Don’t you know enough about me? And then I realize that while many of you have followed my blog for years (my blog’s four-year WordPress anniversary was a few days ago!! Happy birthday to us!) I have a bunch of new followers who don’t know that much about me.
I could tell you to just go through all my old posts and glean whatever you can from there, but let’s face it – a) that’s almost six hundred posts to wade through and b) looking at my early stuff is embarrassing. So for now, I won’t do a Getting to Know You for myself, but at the end of each personal post I’ll throw out a handful of random facts about myself and hope that satisfies you all for now! ♥
• The family is about to start a paleo diet…! I’m enjoying my tea while I have it because in two days there will be no acidic food, no grains, and no caffeine.
• I really love ‘Rocks’ by Imagine Dragons right now (who am I kidding; I always love Imagine Dragons)
• My archery skills are improving. I can hit within 3 feet of my target at a 100 foot distance now! *faint claps*
• I’ve made my mom fall in love with Orson Scott Card and I’m very happy for it
• I’m going to need new notebooks before I go to Colorado, so if anybody feels like randomly sending me a few of them, I totally wouldn’t object
• I want to be one of those people who journals dutifully at the end of each day but the truth is, I put so much of myself into my blog and my books that at the end of the day, I rarely have anything left for a journal. I don’t know how I feel about this
• My swonker Ashley is coming over in March. Oh, the places we will go and the times we will have!