Honey, I’m home! Or at least back in the land of the internets. As much as it pains me to say this…being away from the internet really helped me write. A lot. Therefore, I’m going to be on the internet less. But hey, that means more books to beta! What happened while I was away? Well…
1. I finished Paper Crowns, and it is currently up for beta. I’m working on editing it and looking for publishers. (One reader pointed out that I began it on September 5th and finished it on October 5th. This is, for a record, the quickest I’ve ever really /finished/ a novel. NaNo doesn’t count, as those never end up really ‘finished’ – they just pass 50,000 words.) I did NOT finish This Mortal Coil, but that isn’t because I couldn’t – it’s because I always slow down when I’ve reached the climax of a book. Frequently, I come to a grinding halt – it’s where everything becomes untangled, plot twists straighten themselves out, and things blow up. Also, it’s where I have to say good-bye for a while. So, it isn’t quite finished.
2. I am halfway through Paper Hearts, The one with Azrael and Rooney, whom you all loved in spite of his bad temper? Yes, that one. It’s currently up for WIP-beta.
3. I read quite a few books. And got ideas for several more. And was able to flesh out Disconnect, my NaNo for next month. (Next MONTH!!)
4. My guest post went up on The Notebook Sisters! Check it out HERE and tell me what you think – I wanted to post it here on Wishful Thinking, but I promised Cait I’d give it to them.
5. I realized I out grew several of my other novels, and so I’m putting them on the shelf until I recycle them in some way. These include The Meaning of Always and Acceso. My writing ability has grown and changed so much that they just don’t fit anymore. It’s like that pair of cute shoes in your closet that’s two sizes too small, but you still take them out sometimes to try and stuff your feet in. They’re adorable and you love them, but they pinch, and you can’t get very far in them. Alas. (Painkiller is not being retired, but it’s being revamped into a steampunk. FYI.)
Tomorrow, I’ll post some Paper Crowns/Paper Hearts snippets. I love you all, and it’s good to be back!