So, after wracking my brain, trying to figure out what I should post about, I decided I’ll just throw a bunch of stuff out there and let you wander through at your own discretion.
• Tea. You know I come from Washington (read: I’m a super coffee snob!) but really, sometimes I think my entire family has way more British blood than we think. I was raised on tea – black tea, in particular. When we were little, my sister and I would call it ‘Mama tea’ because she always drank a cup of black tea with sugar and cream. Generally more than once a day. (Dad drinks herbal tea, chai, red tea, white tea – the teas I generally try with the best of intentions and end up pouring into the sink for fear of untimely regurgitation). Black tea, however, is something I drink a healthy amount of (cups of tea + coffee per day on a good day: 6. cups of tea + coffee on a bad day: 10. and I’m not even exaggerating). We began drinking PG Tips a while ago, because it was the standard British tea (it was in Doctor Who, okay) and tasted great. Yesterday, however, Mom brought home a new brand: Ty-Phoo. It’s also standard British, and according to the (thoroughly British) lady who runs the store we bought it from, it’s her go-to. It’s AMAZING. (According to another English fellow in the store, we’ll have to try Yorkshire Gold. It’s a man’s tea. Apparently.) So yes, I’m tea-happy right now. It’s so good to have great tea again. The moral of the story?
Americans just stink at making tea.
• Reading. Yes!! I’m finally reading again! I decided to be more selective in my reading choices. I really don’t have time to read 17 books a week, so I’m following the best book blogs and getting only the ones that sound interesting (or ones that really catch my eye, you know). My creative juices are flowing again! (Not that they weren’t. Just…books! Yay!) The downside – so many story ideas. I just. ARGH. WHY?? Moral of the story: Read. It’s good for you.
• I got a package from my friend Caroline today! In the mail! With stuff from Seoul!! What was in the package, you ask? Only a CD I’ve been wanting – Exo’s repackaged XOXO album. Also, a pair of socks sporting Jonghyun from SHINee because she just couldn’t resist throwing those in there. Moral –> Caroline, you’re awesome.
• Writing. Yes, I’ve been writing. A lot, actually. But sometimes I feel like I just…need to…I don’t know. Steep? let everything come together. Which is REALLY frustrating when all I WANT to do is sit down and write all the things swirling in my head, and my fingers won’t obey me. “Go write a blog post,” they’ll say. “Go on Facebook. Draw something. Finish those pesky art commissions you have waiting for you.” “But I want to be writing,” I whine, and it does absolutely no good. Moral of this story: …you can’t always have what you want?
• I made a website, you all know that. I’m getting help from a few parties who know a lot more about web design than I do, and so I’m sitting with a glum expression looking at all the work I have to do. It’s all fun and games until you get a list of things to accomplish, am I right? On the bright side, though, it DOES make me seem a little more…professional. And I’m going to have shiny new business cards, too – which I also spent a good portion of yesterday designing. Ah, productivity. The moral of the story: Yeah, you’ve got to work sometimes, too. Even after you graduate.
• The new issue of Ink & Fairydust is out! And, since I’m a column writer, naturally, I have an article in it. On beaches. And something funny that happened. And my love/hate relationship with sand. Anyway, you can check that out HERE. No moral for this, except hey, let’s plug an e-zine!
• I’m watching the Lizzie Bennet Diaries with my sister, and I’m enjoying them the second time around just as much as the first, if not more so. Because sisters make everything (well, at least eighty percent) better. And it’s fun to watch her crack up at all the things that made ME crack up. And we can have a running commentary. Good times. No particular moral here, either.
• Ah…I think I’m done for now. I’ll see you all (sort of) on Monday! And if any of you know of a good free video editor that might actually, you know, work, don’t hesitate to tell me about it, okay? okay.