I’m not much of a Summer girl. I’m a fall-and-Winter-and-early-spring girl. Summers, especially in Georgia, are not pleasant for me. I hate the sticky humidity (you know it’s too humid when you have to put on flippers and a snorkel to go get the mail) and I hate heat just… because. I don’t understand people who adore the tropics – my brother, on the other hand, would be happy spending his Christmases in Hawaii!! (I don’t understand you, Mac. I just don’t.)
However, that does not mean that I hate Summer when it’s spent indoors. While most other people are outdoors, going to the swimming pool and the beach and running around outside, I’m sitting indoors with the fan on in my room, scribbling in a notebook on the bed and thankful I don’t have to go outside (unless it’s to get the aformentioned mail, or go water my rosebushes).
However, summer is an excellent time for getting things done, and I do have several things on my to-do list for Summer 2012 (you know, before the world ends) –
1. Finish Algebra (Nine! More! Lessons!) and a good deal of my senior year.
2. Finish “Monster” (working title). That’s right, I want to finish an entire book this summer. I’ve only been writing it for a week and I’m fifty-plus pages into it, so I think I might actually reach my goal!
3. Improve my archery skills. They’re decent, but let’s just say I’m no Maid Marian. Yet.
4. Learn several dances. I’ve already learned B.A.P.’s “Warrior,” next up are UKiss’s “Neverland” and SHINee’s “Ring Ding Dong.” (I don’t really learn girl’s dances. They’re too cutesy for the most part…)
5. Submit The Shadows Fall to publishers. Yes, I realized there’s something I have to tweak at the beginning (I’m adding a little more tension) and then I hope to send my baby out into the wide world. Yikes! I’m submitting it this week – Mom told me I have a classic case of ‘sending-my-baby-out-into-the-world’ and I had to admit she was right. I pointed out I won’t be this overprotective with my real children, just my books. *eheheh*
6. Catch up on my to-read list. I have lots of things to read that I haven’t had time for! Whew!
7. Start memorizing Philippians. I’m not very good at memorizing passages I read, but I have the Bible on CD and am going to listen to Philippians until it becomes part of my subconscious. I memorize well if I’m hearing voices.
8. Streak my hair pink. I’m doing it tomorrow night – don’t worry, it’s only kool-aid, but if I like it I’ll probably do it quite frequently. I’ve always wanted to streak my hair with color, and I’m finally going to do it! Yaaaay!
It may not be huge or momumental, but it’s a nice little list and I like lists. I like to check the things off or just look at them, even though I really hardly ever use them. I make them and like to look at them but then they end up being forgotten… so someone remind me at the end of the summer to tell which of these I actually buckled down and did.
NOTE: My Editor Fantastic has gotten a blog, and she’s just GREAT. So you should definitely go read and follow her blog because she’s awesome. http://inkmademaiden.wordpress.com/ Why are you still here!? Oh, you’re finishing this post? Okay, fine, but once you’re done reading it, hop over Amanda’s blog.
What’s your Summer List?