It’s odd, isn’t it? That sensation of the impending new year. Particularly 2012, considering so many horror/adventure movies are built around it – as the end of the universe. Of course, I don’t believe it’s the end of the universe, but it’s still something to think about.
A lot of things happened this year, and it’s strange to look back and review them. Just a few of the highlights and important things that occured were…
• I completed and began the official editing process for The Shadows Fall
• I completed NaNoWriMo and finished my novel “ArchAngel” (Yes, Hannah, I know – I still need to write the prologue!)
• I began commissioning artwork, and that business has been surprisingly successful!
• I became the Character Designer for Tadd Mencer’s “Deadland Chronicles”
• I discovered, and fell in love with, Doctor Who and Sherlock BBC; and thus were opened to me two of the greatest characters ever invented and acted out.
• I met so many wonderful friends thanks to my writing group, “The League of Extraordinary People.” Even though I haven’t actually met them, they’re some of the best people I know.
• I fell in love with writing. I’ve been writing, and liking it, since I was thirteen. But this year was the turning point; the year I seriously, genuinely, unabashedly fell head-over-heels with the craft. I’m afraid there’s no turning back, now.
• I’ve jetskiied and gone tubing with my fellow dragon-rider, Emily, for the first time in my life.
• I’ve gotten together several times with my crazy, crazy friend Hannah, and we’ve had a blast ^_^
• I got to see my kindred spirit Keaghan for the second time in my life! I love you, hirpling shur’tugal!
• I’ve bought more books this year than any other year of my life. (Rather momentous, no?)
• I’ve discovered new favorite musical artists – Lenka, A Fine Frenzy, One Direction, Heather Dale, etc.
• I’ve learned a lot about God and spirituality; I’ve gone through some difficult times and still am prone to dark moods, but with His help I’m working through them.
It’s always odd to watch how your looks change over the years. My face got a slightly ‘older’ look and lost some of its little-girlishness; here is Myself over the past three years.
(I can’t get over how much I look like my mom in this picture)
And various ‘me’s’ from the year 2011. =)
(The Terminators. They are dying in Myrtle Beach.)
(Left to right: My sister Marriah, myself, my nephew Silas and his mom/my sister Maralie)
(The same aformentioned sisters at Stone Mountain)
And now, my most recent ‘picture.’
This has been a good year; one of the best of my life, despite some rough seas. God has blessed my life so abundantly, opening up new doors and new opportunities, giving me new friends and new ideas. I can’t wait to see what the next year brings!